Roberts authored the book Antiquity Unveiled which was published in 1892. It claims to be an account of spirit messages proving Christianity "an offspring of more ancient religions". He was a proponent of the Christ myth theory. He practised law prior to becoming an editor for the weekly spiritualist journal Mind and Matter.
- Antiquity Unveiled: Ancient Voices from the Spirit Realms Proving Christianity to be of Heathen Origin (1892)
- Apollonius of Tyana, Identified as the Christian Jesus (1894)
- "Jonathan Manning Roberts". Find a Grave.
- Antiquity Unveiled, preface, at Google Books.
- Spearman, Gretta. (1996). There Was No Jesus: The Teacher of the New Testament was Apollonius of Tyana: Also the Truth about Ancient History and Jewish History: Extracted from the Book Antiquity Unveiled by Jonathan M. Roberts. Health Research Books. p. 7. "The author was Jonathan M. Roberts, Esq., a retired lawyer living in Burlington, N. J."